On March 9, 1945, Blood Brothers Machine Company started our first credit union. The credit union served all employees of Blood Brothers and was known as Blood Brothers Federal Employees Credit Union.
Over the years, Blood Brothers experienced a great deal of change and progress within the industry. By 1973 the new name of the company and the credit union was Rockwell International. The credit union continued to service the Rockwell employees and their families.
On August 1, 1975, the credit union opened its doors to the community for membership; it would be known as Allegan Community Federal Credit Union. Our field of membership included anyone who lived or worked in Allegan County or had a blood relative who was already a member.
In February 2017, Allegan Credit Union expanded its charter to serve an additional eight counties: Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren. August 2017 saw Allegan Credit Union open its second location, in Gobles, MI. And in May 2018, we opened our third branch in Fennville, MI.
In May 2022, we opened our charter to serve the entire state of Michigan!
We are excited to continue our legacy of growth and outreach in the communities we serve and know so well!