Allegan Credit Union is committed to our community and the future of our youth. One of the ways we show this is by offering financial support to students interested in carrying on their learning through a college, university or trade school education. See below for details on how you can get an extra $1,000 to put towards your education!
Interested? Here’s what we’ll need:
- A completed Scholarship Application
- Two current (not past 60 days) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers or school administrators; letters from family will not be accepted
- Acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or trade school that the applicant is attending
- A typed, double-spaced essay (500 words or less) letting us know how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals
Who can apply?
- A graduating high school senior, enrolled in college, university or trade school
- A person meeting the above requirements that hasn’t won previously
- Applications must be received by the close of business (4:30pm) May 1, 2020. Applicant will be notified no later than May 15, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Employees or volunteers of Allegan Credit Union or members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applications not accompanied by the required documents will be considered incomplete. Items cannot be held. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying, applicants agree they will be photographed at the credit union for use in Allegan Credit Union marketing.
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university or trade school. The recipient agrees to provide Allegan Credit Union the necessary information. If the recipient does not enroll during the semester for which the scholarship is provided, the scholarship will be forfeited. Recipient is responsible for any tax responsibilities.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of two staff members and one board member. All decisions by the selection committee shall be final.
You can submit your completed application by dropping it off at any of our branches:
- Allegan branch drive-thru: 755 Grand St., Allegan, MI 49010
- Gobles branch night drop: 202 S. State St., Gobles, MI 49055
- Fennville branch drive-thru: 432 W. Main, Fennville, MI 49408
- or mail it to: Allegan Credit Union, P.O. Box 320, Allegan, MI 49010
Grow the Love
At Allegan Credit Union it's our mission to be more than just a financial institution. To be a source of support and development for our communities and the people who are part of them. And that’s why we’re Growing the Love!
Growing the Love means spreading good will in our communities with random acts of kindness and community engagement. If you’ve received one of our Grow the Love tokens, then chances are you’ve already experienced a little bit of what Growing the Love can do—be it a free meal, a tank of gas, or any other gesture to lighten your load and brighten your day.
We invite you to keep the chain moving, and Grow the Love in your community however you see fit. And while you’re at it, visit our Facebook page and share your Grow the Love experiences! We can’t wait to see where all our tokens wind up.
Allegan Credit Union is proud to offer Banzai, a premium online financial literacy program, to educators and students in our community, at no cost to educators. We understand the importance of financial literacy in our world, but also empathize with the costs to implement the information in the classroom...so we're here to help.
To learn more about this awesome program, click here.
To hear what some of our teachers think of the program, here you are...
"I am so excited to offer this to my students. Life skills are a must!"
- Julie King, Gobles Public Schools
"Thank you so much for sponsoring my class! I use this program to help prepare students for independent adult living. Funds are not always available to me and your help is very appreciated!"
- Ryan Vree, Bangor High School