Allegan Credit Union is excited to offer a scholarship to graduating high school students that are planning to attend college. Below are the guidelines and requirements when applying for the scholarship:
Click the following link to access the Scholarship Application-
- For 2017, only one scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000.
- Previous recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Two (2) current (not past 60 days) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers or school administrators will be accepted. Letters from family will not be accepted.
- High school students must submit acceptance letters or student I.D. from college or trade school that the applicant is attending or planning to attend.
- In 500 words or less (typed and double spaced) describe the manner in which this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals.
- Applications must be received by the Credit Union by the close of business July 1, 2017. Applicant will be notified no later than July 29, 2017.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Employees or volunteers of Allegan Credit Union or members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applications not accompanied by the required documents will be considered incomplete. Items cannot be held. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- It is important that you provide an explanation of why any requested information cannot be provided. Allegan Credit Union will make the determination on whether a completed application has been submitted. All determinations will be final.
- By applying, applicants agree they will be required to furnish a current photo or be photographed at the credit union for use in Allegan Credit Union marketing.
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university or trade school. The recipient agrees to provide Allegan Credit Union the necessary information. If the recipient does not enroll during the semester for which the scholarship is provided, the scholarship will be forfeited. Recipient is responsible for any tax responsibilities.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of two staff members and one board member. All decisions by the selection committee shall be final.
You can submit your completed application:
by dropping it off at our Branch located at: 755 Grand St Allegan, MI 49010
or Mailing to: Allegan Credit Union P.O. Box 320 Allegan, MI 49010