Allegan Credit Union is committed to our community and the future of our youth! One of the ways we show this is by offering financial support to students interested in carrying on their learning through a college, university or trade school education. See below for details on how you can get an extra $1,000 to put towards your education!
Interested? Here’s what we’ll need:
- a completed Scholarship Application- (click here to view)
- Two current (not past 60 days) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers or school administrators will be accepted. Letters from family will not be accepted.
- Acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or trade school that the applicant is attending
- A typed, double-spaced essay (500 words or less) letting us know how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals
Who can apply?
- a graduating high school senior, enrolled in college, university or trade school
- a person meeting the above requirements that hasn’t won previously
- Applications must be received by the close of business (4:30pm) April 1, 2019. Applicant will be notified no later than April 19, 2019.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected without regard to age, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Employees or volunteers of Allegan Credit Union or members of their immediate families are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applications not accompanied by the required documents will be considered incomplete. Items cannot be held. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying, applicants agree they will be photographed at the credit union for use in Allegan Credit Union marketing.
- Funds will be paid directly to the college, university or trade school. The recipient agrees to provide Allegan Credit Union the necessary information. If the recipient does not enroll during the semester for which the scholarship is provided, the scholarship will be forfeited. Recipient is responsible for any tax responsibilities.
- The scholarship selection committee will consist of two staff members and one board member. All decisions by the selection committee shall be final.
Click the following link to access the Scholarship Application-
You can submit your completed application by dropping it off at either of our branches:
755 Grand St Allegan, MI 49010
202 S. State St. Gobles, MI 49055
or mailing to: Allegan Credit Union P.O. Box 320 Allegan, MI 49010